Monday 14 March 2011

Obviously slightly disappointed with the tutor feedback I have received.  I think it's it very difficult to display the volume and detail of work you have done by completing a number of pro formas.  Which has been demonstrated by this feedback. 

The first piece of advice is to decide on one question asap.  Which I have done, and the last 2 submissions have only contained this question:

How can traditional practices and culture be maintained with the use of crafting in contemporary society?

The second is to use my artefact as research tools, which I most definitely will be doing, they are interactive kits, which when I have completed their design will be tested with a wide audience so that they can evolve into the final artefact.  

I understand the advice on background research, but I do not feel the research I am doing is considered background research, as the interviews I am currently doing are tailoring aspects of the artefact, and testing the artefact, which surely should continue throughout the MADS journey.  

My “If” is idealistic and impressive, not yet sure how I can make this come about in practical terms, but that's part of the journey through the course really.  

One recommendation was to write out a detailed timeline plan, which I have already done and has been submitted twice already.  

I definitely feel the feedback has given me a lot to work with, but it definitely hasn't alleviated my worries of how we can actually communicate the progress of our projects, with our tutors through merely a few forms and a couple of tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment