Thursday 31 March 2011

March 2011

This month I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of amazing creatives, that have helped me with my project, there have been some great local projects to get involved in, as well as the planning of the diary of a somebody project, I have also received some helpful feedback from my peers.  


Currently my research question stands at:


How can traditional practices and culture be maintained with the use crafting with contemporary society?


There were a couple of moments where communication between myself and the tutors was perhaps not at 
its best, however I hope these have now been ironed out.  


I have really enjoyed my work on the Diary of a Somebody project and the exhibition and am looking 
forward to seeing the finished article.   It has made me really realise how difficult the planning of the main 
exhibition will be.  This is only a very small group of people to organise compared to the real thing 
and Rachel and I are already struggling to get people to each volunteer for a very small role!


I was lucky enough to attend a very inspiring Storytelling demonstration at the British Museum, which 
has given me further ideas about creativity, communication and performance.  


The greatest piece of advice this month was definitely to use feedback from users to get gatekeepers 
onside, which i will try to remember!









No comments:

Post a Comment