Thursday 24 March 2011

March Tutorial

I had a one on one tutorial with Richard on Tuesday which was extremely positive.  I discussed with him my interest in engaging younger people/teenagers with my project.  At the start of the tutorial, the other members of the group were around and one piece of feedback given to Joseph that I thought was really interesting was:

Use feedback from users to get gatekeepers on side.

So I am now thinking about re-inventing craft for the new generation, rather than preserving it.  The generation that probably doesn't know about the Slow movement.  They have had and want everything instantly.  They use the internet no an hourly basis to find information, to entertain and to communicate.  Can my project teach them how to slow down, enjoy a project, learn from each other, face-to-face, appreciate finer things, show that brands aren't always best?!  I would like to use my project to help the participants build an awareness of their identity and diversity.  My projects will need to be interactive and interesting enough to keep their attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment