Thursday 7 July 2011

Identi-tee and Musical workshops

One very simple and easy to change piece of feedback from the young people involved with Graffi-tee, is it's name, they felt Graffi-tee as a name was misleading, the workshops don't really have anything to do with Graffiti, and a lot to do with Identity, so I have amended the title to Identi-tee.

Although the Identi-tee project is going really well, and I have developed that already, and tested it with a variety of audiences.   My musical workshops idea is dying a slow death.  I haven't really been involved in any orchestra's or musical groups since school, and so I don't seem to have the contacts to help develop this.  I would love to work with a rapper and a musician, to develop something that would really appeal to the young people in my area.  We have a recording studio in the Youth Club that isn't really used that much, so we could utilise that space there, may need to book it in advance or pay something towards it.  I have contacted some friends at school who were very musical and some actor friends, to see if they know anyone, even people in musical theatre, as that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment