Tuesday 22 February 2011

Year 2 - STUDENT PROGRESS REPORT

STUDENT NAME: Annahita Mackee

RESEARCH QUESTION:
How can traditional practices and culture be maintained with the use of crafting in contemporary society?

WHO ARE YOUR KEY FEEDBACK RESPONDENTS TO DATE? (individuals, companies, or interest groups):
Designer makers at Craft Central and Great Western Studios
Business support team and tutors at Craft Central
Researchers at Craft Council research centre

WHO ARE YOUR KEY COLLABORATORS TO DATE? (that is, people who are assisting you with artefact creation, surveys etc)
I have not collaborated as yet, I have written my own surveys, filmed the subjects myself and created my own artefacts, I will however need help from a graphic designer and editor soon.  I propose to ask my friends and colleagues for support.    

BRIEFLY, WHAT ARE YOUR KEY FINDINGS SINCE DECEMBER 2010?
Since December my question and artefact have evolved.  I am taking a keener interest in the community aspects of my project and how I can produce something or lead something that can make a difference in people’s lives. 
I have analysed my survey results, which narrowed down the scope of my question. 
I have developed new ways of displaying my process and journey.
I have decided and embarked on new research methods – video ethnography. 

WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT KEY ACTIONS?
To complete the video ethnography, and meet with a number of designer makers who are involved in community engagement craft projects.  To iterate my artefact from the findings of the video ethnography and interviews, specifically the key practices and cultural aspects that will redefine my question further.  Re-test artefact with my key respondents.  

PLEASE ALSO SEND WITH THIS FORM:
  • Bibliography  - I am maintaining a blog for my MADS journal which is fully indexed, I will print this out for the final exhibition.  I write my bibliography up every 3 months, these are my references to date.
WHAT ARE THE STRENGTHS OF YOUR PROJECT?
I am researching an interesting topic, which I am passionate about.  I have had goo and positive feedback and am now investigating further the ways in which my project could aid community engagement.

WHERE ARE THE GAPS IN, OR THREATS TO, YOUR PROJECT?
Time – it’s difficult to do my project in the evenings and on weekends, the participants and collaborators are usually only available during the day. 
I need to collaborate with a graphic designer and create a brief for the ‘kits’. 
Motivation and Momentum – there is an awful lot to be done, I need to ensure I keep going otherwise I will run out of time.  I have high standards and I really want to ensure that for the exhibition in December I can be 100% proud of what I have achieved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment