Sunday 6 February 2011

Project outline for Tuesday

How can traditional practices and culture be maintained with the use of crafting in contemporary society?

Key research themes
Craft skills
New materials
Community and interaction

What's important to me?
Learning and understanding different crafting skills from designer makers and enthusiasts.  
Researching into new materials or materials that can be used in unusual innovative ways to help crafting be seen in a different light.  
Encourage groups of friends, families and communities to get more involved in activities together, to encourage storytelling and the diffusion of knowledge and skills across generations.    
Using craft as a way of empowering communities to become more engaged in decisions about their local environment.

My research
Completed:
I have carried out an extensive survey
Interviews
To carry out:
I will be using video ethnography to help gain insight into how to develop my artefacts

My artfeact's 
Kits and instructions that combine:
Fun
Games
Crafting
New skills
Re-using
Communication
Working together
New materials
Recycling







 

No comments:

Post a Comment