Monday 13 September 2010

Kit Kemp

My love for Kit Kemp and her wonderful style and creativity led me to another spot of lunchtime midgeting; an exhibition at Contemporary Applied Arts. The space was filled with one-off work from dozens of the top British craftspeople, commissioned by Kit, as she does for the Firmdale group.

As you enter the first thing you see is a bespoke plate wall installation, 100 makers were asked to create one plate each in the material of their choice: wood, ceramics, metal, textiles or glass. The effect is wonderfully overwhelming.



One of the lovely ideas launched at the event was that of Commissioning Craft, allowing you and me to get a wonderful bespoke piece made for our homes, with realistic budgets too!

I was most excited about seeing Gareth Neal's Traditionally Worn Louis side tables, there were just as beautiful as I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment