Saturday 8 October 2011

From relics to Dr Who

Today I went to the British Museum and the Cartoon Museum.  As you can imagine two very different atmospheres.  I began the day in the BM's round reading room surrounded by relics and reliquaries.  The Treasures of Heaven: saints, relic and devotion in medieval Europe exhibition explored a very interesting relationship between religious beliefs and beautiful craftsmanship.  I felt that there was a space missing in that the exhibition didn't explore the lives of the people who believed in these relics in much detail.  I would have loved to know more about who they belonged to, their beliefs and how they lived their lives.  

I spent the afternoon at the Cartoon Museum's Dr Who exhibition.  Which gave me a wonderful idea about my exhibition.  I have had some problems with photographing the young people at my workshops, and although I have been allowed to take photos of their work, I haven't been able to visually document them and their journey.  I thought it would be wonderful to explore creating a comic of the workshops, and the young people's stories.  I have heard such compelling stories from the young people, and I would love to note them down in an engaging way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment