Saturday 30 April 2011

April 2011

This month had its ups and downs, I am extremely proud of my progress and my Diary of a Somebody piece and my role in the exhibition planning.  However there was some quite negative but extremely unhelpful, undirected feedback on our year from the external examiners, which was obviously extremely disappointing.  I really found that writing a synopsis of my progress and what my diary represents to me has really helped me develop and streamline my question and research.

My project has developed further along the lines of Identity, which is something I have always been interested in.  I am now looking more at how crafting can help people build and understand their identity further.  I have also been thinking about helping young people develop their hopes, dreams and aspirations.

I have held a number of brainstorms with friends, family and colleagues, to understand further how they see themselves and what identity means to them, what they feel about their communities and the cultures they associate with.  It was interesting to see that everyone feels different yet the reasons they feel different are so similar.

This month I developed my identity mind maps, and started on the Graffi-tee project.  I haven't yet changed my question, but I can see now that I want to work with young people and work on crafting projects to help them understand themselves better and the communities they live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment