Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas Reflection

A very productive month with over 2 weeks off work!  This has allowed me to work and develop my ideas for the Life Beyond a Box project, complete all my analysis on my 250 questionnaire repsonses, build my relationship with the girls at Craft Central and prepare my questions for the team at the Craft Council Research Centre.  I have also continued to chase other contacts who I would like to meet/interview. 

I feel my ideas are definitely coming together, I feel very positive about the progress I am making, and am looking forward to the new year.  

The girls at Craft Central have been so helpful and positive and I really hope that relationship continues in the New Year as I will need their help to get access to the designer makers and interns.  Each week I have been setting myself a number of tasks to complete and have really tried to stick to this.  I feel that the pace of my project has gone up a notch, but really needs to go up again, I know that the research phase needs to end now.  The artefact testing must take more of my time now, I need to be less cautious about the whole process.  

I know have a great bank of contacts for the artefact testing, people I  hope that will really give me great feedback to stretch me. 

I have felt lately that there has been a lot of form filling and project work during a period where we need to be pressing ahead with our personal projects.  Over the last year I have really enjoyed the briefs that have been set, especially the ones that allowed us to work as a group.  I wish there had been more, but I dont think this was the time. I feel that valuable time over the Christmas period was spent on something that did help me progress, but as my momentum was already pretty good I think I was already drawing the same conclusions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment